Sunday, August 9, 2020

40K Salamanders Crusade 2020 - World 04082020.1830

From the journal of Mo'cam Techmarine 

The timely report from an outrider scout allowed us to secure defensive positions within the dilapidated ruins as the Xenos crested the hill. The Forgefather, while staring within the white hot fires, had seen this planet and these ruins. We had finally found them, of course others would be drawn as well.

Our honored dreadnought shot a deadly first-strike salvo, unloading both of his Hunter-Killer missiles which crippled the hulking Xeno walker. I accessed my data and made a note to re-arm those after this skirmish in the seconds it took for the battle to erupt in earnest.

The tri-legged Xenos were quick and pushed to lock themselves in melee where their giant blades could do the most damage. Damage they did. I lost consciousness as one of those blades fell me where I stood, but as the machine spirit started up regeneration protocols and twilight was upon me I heard the Forgefather bellow his wrath and set upon the monstrous Xenos.

I became aware some time later. The Forgefather, having found what we were looking for, called for an evac back to the ship. I accessed my data and found I had work to do.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eldar Encounter

Forgefather Vulkan He'stan:

A bright flash and the crackling of energies is the only warning we had. The distinct sounds of melta rounds came next. I watched as a unit of my brothers, freshly promoted to wield the war implements of an Eradicator Squad, were melted to glowing ceramite slag. Instantly my rage was upon me.

Standing amid the gore of the Xenos, I was able to calm myself and see the rest of the threat to our evacuation of this world. They were all that stood between my brothers and our extraction point. Why they were trying to hary our evac I know not. I voxed our Librarian and got nothing but static.

Te'kan Primaris Librarian:

"Blast it, more monofilament rounds from the Eldar tank." Have you ever used psychic power to pull yourself back together from the primordial ooze your body has become? I thought not. As my consciousness pushed back into my reforming brain, I completed my last scrying of the Eldar and their motives. The Forgefathers voice blared from my vox and I tersely gritted out an I'm busy as a blast from somewhere else caught me and I lost consciousness.

Forgefather Vulkan He'stan:

My forces in dire need of regrouping, I called for the retreat. Pushing through the Eldar offensive I gathered up our Librarian and joined our retreating forces. The evac point will need to be moved as the Eldar contingent held firm positions. We'll get off this planet, but not from there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Betrayal?

Forgefather Vulkan He'stan:

Our attempts to get off-world continue to be blocked. An Imperial knight stood in the path of the extraction. Why? It's weaponry opened up and laid waste to another unit of Eradicators before we knew it was set against us. Fortunately a Veteran unit of Aggressors, with their extraordinarily heated promethium was able to cause the final damage to the Titan, locking it's movement by melting much of the mechanisms of it's torso and lower half. With the precious clue to the whereabouts of The Unbound Flame I am not wasting valuable time to understand this treachery. We must get to Zero as fast as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Judiciar

 Vulkan He'stan: The trip to Zero will be perilous, and reinforcements will be required. A powerful Judiciar is joining us from a planet...